AGGRESSIVE, TIRELESS, AND UNYIELDING CRIMINAL DEFENSE IN THE BAY AREA
Although it is legal to possess a firearm in California, the law places numerous restrictions on the ownership and carrying of a firearm. Even in the absence of bad intent or due to a misunderstanding of the law, individuals charged with weapons offenses can be incarcerated in state prison for up to three years. It is therefore extremely vital for California residents to understand the law. With more than three decades of criminal defense experience, John M. Runfola has successfully assisted countless clients with avoiding weapons offense indictments, reaching favorable early resolutions, and avoiding obstruction of justice charges.
COMMON WEAPON OFFENSES IN CALIFORNIA
We represent individuals charged with the following:
- Carrying a firearm outside the home
- Using a firearm during the commission of a felony
- Carrying a firearm during the commission of a felony
- The law also prohibits possession of a variety of dangerous weapons, such as knives.
Weapons offenses are aggressively prosecuted by the District Attorney's Office. We will thoroughly investigate all charges in order to craft a strong defense strategy. Common successful defenses to weapons charges include:
- Necessity: The individual unlawfully possessed the weapon out of necessity because it was essential to defend against an imminent threat of bodily harm or death.
- Illegal search and seizure: The police searched the individual without probable cause or the police did not have a valid warrant or consent to search the home.
- Lack of possession: The gun was not found on the individual, and the individual did not have knowledge or the ability to control the firearm.
CONTACT AN EXPERIENCED BAY AREA CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY FOR A FREE CONSULTATION
The Law Office of John M. Runfola understands how devastating a weapons conviction can be, from damaging your reputation to affecting your career to limiting your freedom. Mr. Runfola is well-versed on state and federal firearms laws and has a long history of success with suppressing evidence, dismissing charges, and obtaining acquittals for his clients. We are dedicated to providing high quality advocacy and personalized care for each of our clients.
To schedule a free consultation with a dedicated, assertive, and uncompromising San Francisco weapons defense lawyer, contact The Law Office of John M. Runfola at (415) 391-4243 or email us.